Mobile Maintenance Technician
Mobile Maintenance Technician -$2000 Sign-on Bonus
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Mobile Diesel Technician to perform all tractor and trailer repair estimation diagnosis and correction following standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Completes routine rebuilds and replacements, makes best value and safety decisions to continue to operate, repair or replace, and performs technical repairs and/or replacement in Bardstown, KY.
Shift: Tue. – Fri., 6 am – 2:30 pm and Sat in the shop
Pay: $18 – $25 per hour depending on experience
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use the American Trucking Association (ATA) system and other published and internet-based manuals and check sheets.
- Follows workplace and vehicle safety procedures consistently.
- Follows MSDS training and guidelines.
- Perform proper Preventive Maintenance such as lube, filters, inspection, including truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab related safety and security.
- Perform basic electrical repair and replace starters, alternators and batteries.
- Perform tires tread, inflation, rotation, wear, reconditioning of wheels.
- Inspect & replace basic engine components, transmission and clutch (R&R) and driveline components.
- Remove and replace steering & chassis components.
- Advanced and continually upgrading tools.
- Follow company initiated housekeeping standards.
- Perform Emergency Road Calls.
- Proficient at brake diagnostic/repair& replace/adjustments.
- Direct/Indirect labor accountability (completing personal paperwork).
- Assist in parts inventory management.
- Perform valve and injector adjustments.
- Perform basic welding & cutting.
- Perform fifth wheel service and rebuild/ kingpin wear.
- Perform citation corrections and sign off.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record.
- Technical or advanced degree or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to Windows-based computer systems preferred.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- 3+ years of mechanic experience.
- Must have own basic tools.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.