Component Repair Technician
Repair Station Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Repair Station Technician
candidates with for an opportunity in Burlington, WA
The Repair Station Technician is responsible for the overhaul and/or repair of parts in the Repair Station within standard cycle times and quality expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overhaul and/or Repair aircraft interior parts (typically PSU’s, end caps, sidewall panels, stowage bins) in a manner that complies with the appropriate CMM, process specifications, drawings and technical data.
- Entry level position capable of performing at least one task on the repair line within cycle time and quality standards.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple tasks on the line; tasks include tear down/disassembly, stripping decorative, composite repair, composite fill and fair, adhesive spraying, decorative application and assembly.
- Responsible for quality passed internal to the repair line and final quality passed on to Quality Control.
- Ensure that all company documentation (e.g. Production Orders, Inventory Requests etc.) are accurately filled out at the time that each step is completed.
- Ensure that job clock ins in SAP are accurately made throughout the work day.
- Follow all established safety criteria for the work area and raise any safety concerns to Supervisor or Safety Coordinator.
- Actively participate in 6S improvement processes.
- Maintain a clean and organized department. Perform all scheduled maintenance as dictated by the VT Volant Cleaning and Maintenance manual. Ensure that manual requirements are properly documented and completed in a timely fashion.
- The Repair Station Repair Technicians are allowed to perform Safety Sensitive functions as defined by FAR 120.105 and 120.215.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to read blueprints and manuals
- General understanding of industry skills (riveting, fill & fare, decorative, assembly).
- Ability to accurately fill out internal company documentation (production orders)
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Team player, motivated and willing to learn new skills.
- Utilize measuring tools and gauges to ensure product quality and aerospace tolerances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma/GED.
Previous Aerospace manufacturing or repair experience minimum is preferred. Ability to learn aerospace repair skills – installing various inserts/hardware by drilling and boring, edge potting, bevel, and chamfer edges. Previous experience with interior aircraft components is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Basic Arithmetic abilities.
Ability to problem solve. Ability to read drawings and attention to detail.
Basic computer skills (MS Office, etc.).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to learn how to read and use calibrated equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30lbs. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud at times.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.