LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Material Handler
candidates with for an opportunity in Burlington, WA
The function of the Materials Handler is to process parts through the organization. Workers in this area handle a variety of materials and products within Receiving, Shipping and Finished Goods. Parts and Materials may be expensive or hazardous in some cases. Material Handlers are critical to the supply chain process to support the organization. This position reports directly to the Materials Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Materials handlers count or weigh parts to check quantity accuracy.
- Handlers pick parts for shipment and package according to shipping procedures.
- Materials handlers perform transactions in the inventory system to enter new quantities and, during shipping transactions, to remove inventory from stock.
- Materials handlers load and unload materials in warehouses and storage facilities. Materials may be moved from trucks into Receiving area.
- Pick items by FIFO and Stage items for manufacturing.
- Verifies quantity discrepancies for receiving and shipping.
- Pull, pack and ship Finished Goods.
- Ensure all items are batch managed.
- Communicate to Purchasing on all Inventory discrepancies.
- Receive materials into an organization and verify materials against invoices to ensure the accuracy of the delivery.
- Workers may use material moving equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts and dollies to bring products and materials to an appropriate location.
- Daily Cycle Count Process to ensure inventory accuracy.
Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Team Commitment – strong work ethic and team work essential.
- Attention to Detail – Commitment to accuracy.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ITAR certification must be obtained within 90 days of accepting position.
Education and/or Experience
Three years of progressive experience with Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of SAP ERP system.
Understanding of packaging for protection.
Ability to understand drawings and interpret regulations.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Basic math skills are necessary for the position.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
Intermediate computer skills are necessary for the position. Knowledge of the ERP flow down used in an organization is helpful, but workers may learn on the job.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ITAR hazardous shipping certificate
Other Skills and Abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting up to 50 pounds for periodically throughout the day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.