Diesel Shop Supervisor/ Road Service Supervisor
Diesel Shop Supervisor/Road Service Supervisor
Pay: $64K – $80K Salary Depending On Experience
To direct and control the day to day operation of the Company’s Roadside Assistance department. This will include all contacts with vendors, drivers, Fleet Operations, and Fleet Service Coordinators to expedite repairs in a timely yet cost-effective manner.
Diesel Shop Supervisor/Road Service Supervisor Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage strategies for all company-owned assets needing assistance over the road.
- Manage employees and leaders in the area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance, and providing feedback.
- Ensure ready equipment over the road is returned to operation with minimal delays while communicating with all necessary stake holders involved in the process.
- Review and analyze vendor expenses to ensure cost effectiveness; approve vendor invoices for pre-determined expense hierarchy.
- Identify training and development needs within the department to provide opportunities for learning, growth, and advancement.
- Evaluate, design, and lead the implementation of department operation and policy improvements.
- Participate in hiring, coaching, and evaluating of employees.
- Review all vendor or customer concerns and address all issues as they are presented
- Manage the selection and performance of all vendors and repair shops within the network.
- Review lease and owner-operator charges to ensure correct billing and timely closure of any open work orders.
- Regularly evaluate departmental policies and procedures and communicate issues to the Director.
- Maintain communication with the Director to assist with the implementation of cost control measures.
- Coordinate with Fleet Operations and Asset Management Teams to improve equipment utilization.
- Evaluate and document Agent performance in accordance with company policies.
- Plan and supervise the execution of scheduling and staffing to ensure efficient and effective coverage of departmental duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor and review telephony system to ensure that caller wait times are minimized while ensuring that the appropriate shift coverage is in place at all times
- Responsible for updating and delivering daily out of service reports to several level of leadership daily.
- Review vendor charges for any warrantable claims.
- Perform other duties as needed to support equipment and asset management efforts.
Diesel Shop Supervisor/Road Service Supervisor Qualifications:
- Education Associated degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Maintenance Trucking Industry.
- Minimum of 3-year direct supervision or management experience with 10 or more people.
- Knowledge of vehicle components and maintenance procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced, changing environment. Well organized.
- Ability to make solid decisions even in stressful situations.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must have a valid DL however
- CDL preferred, but not required