LAUNCH Professional Jobs - Quality
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall supplier defect reduction and improvements.
- Responsible for implementing Zero Defect Plans (ZDP) at critical suppliers as part of the larger company initiatives. ZDPs include the use of RRCA, UPPAP and ProCert.
- Report outs on plan and progress will be made to executive team on a regular basis.
- Travel will be required to aid supplier in RRCA and closing actions.
- Will have 10-20 assigned suppliers to manage quality activity.
- Responsible for quality problem resolution, processing and closure of supplier quality notifications (escapes, disclosures), on-time closure and follow-up of all associated corrective actions.
- Responsibilities will also include supporting/leading supplier quality meetings/reviews and weekly stand up meetings in front of Quality & Supply Chain Leadership. Root cause and corrective action is required for all supplier escapes.
- Assist assigned suppliers in systemic root cause corrective action analysis and track supplier actions.
- Support value stream meetings as needed.
- Responsible for supporting quality system, product, or technical process audits.
- Will have the opportunities to identify an area of improvement within the organization and hold an event to solve the problem.
- Potential travel in support of supplier escapes, issues or audits.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5-7 years of experience in engineering or quality engineering field related to the manufacture of Aerospace Components, Automotive Structures or Department of Defense.
- Experience in quality system, product, or technical process audits.
- Must have experience in RRCA and problem resolution.
- Strong P.C. Skills.
- Strong communication skills and experience with cross functional teams.
- Must have skills: MFG and/or QA background.
- Strong C/A implementation background.
- Preferred skills: Lean Mfg/Mfg. process experience, Supply Chain and audit experience with AS9100 & AS9102, Processing background (HT, NDT etc.) Digital Product Definition & Model Based definition experience.
- UPPAP & ProcCert working knowledge & implementation. Use of measuring equipment, hand and computer driven.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.