Trailer Technician 2nd Shift
Trailer Mechanic – Cincinnati, OH
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Trailer Mechanic to perform routine scheduled maintenance and inspections on fleets of vehicles, Federal DOT inspections, troubleshooting and repairing diesel engines, alignments, suspension, hydraulics, transmissions and electrical, etc.
Shift: 4/10s Tues. – Sat., 2nd
Pay: $25.00 – $27.00 per hour depending on experience
- Competitive and weekly pay.
- Company truck, gas, and iPad Included.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adjusting and relining brakes, aligning wheels, tightening bolts and screws, and reassembling equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repairing all makes of vehicles.
- Inspecting, repairing, and maintaining automotive and mechanical equipment.
- Raising trucks, buses and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Attaching test instruments to equipment, and reading dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Filling out and submitting all required documents in an accurate and timely manner on a company provided iPad.
- Communicating with customers clearly and providing excellent customer service.
- Abiding by all safety directives, especially those for personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The equivalent of a high school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of experience with class 6 – 8 truck maintenance and repair.
- ASE and CDL certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.