LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Avionics Specialist for an opportunity in Coral Gables, FL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency in installing avionics systems.
- Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform the removal/installation of avionics components, fabricate wire harnesses, perform avionics system installations, make wire terminations, perform wiring ring‐outs, and perform functional tests of complex avionics systems.
- Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Install and maintain avionics systems and components in accordance with Company policies and procedures, manufacturer’s manuals and FAA requirements; diagnose and repair malfunctioning avionics systems; inspect, clean and test avionics systems; document completion of modifications.
- Generate related aircraft maintenance work forms and records; advise and assist with engineering and avionics modifications; assist in the development of Company work cards and procedures relating to avionics systems testing and maintenance.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
- Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes
- Works well under pressure
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written in English
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 100 pounds
- Mist be able to travel domestic and international 50% of the time
- Must be able to use oscilloscopes and complex avionics test equipment including but not limited to TCAS testers, IFR testers, etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A&P License
- Be able to troubleshoot difficult avionics system malfunctions with minimal error, and high level of confidence.
- At least 10 yrs avionics troubleshooting experience
- Able to travel 50% of the time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.