LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Mechanic for minor repair work on a diesel powered tractors and trailers in Doraville, GA.
Shift: M-F 8 AM – 4 PM
Pay: $17-$23 per hour, depending on experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preventative Maintenance (PM’s), Electrical, Suspension, Airbrake, Diagnostic and Repair skills.
- Perform basic tractor / trailer general maintenance and repairs, including, but not limited to welding.
- May need to drive tractor / trailer in/out of the shop or through facility parking lot.
- Weld when necessary: arc welding, MIG and alum welding.
- Program and record assigned maintenance/repair tasks.
- Other duties as required to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED and 1+ year of Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic experience.
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend the English language in accordance with all safety related regulations and product specifications to avoid product contaminations in addition to processing paperwork for invoicing, billing, etc.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- CDL with endorsements a plus.
- Pneumatic/Tanker experience a plus.
- Proficient with Arc Welder, MIG, and Alum Welding.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply particularly with the following MOS: 91A, 91B, 91D, 91H, 91L, 91M, 91P, 91S, 91X, 91Z.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.