Shift: various shifts available
Pay: $24-$35 per hour, depending on experience
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking Diesel Technicians Technicians to work for a leading provider of fleet maintenance services and perform vehicle maintenance and repairs in Dulles, VA. Working on fire trucks, trailers, LD cars, dump trucks, septic and vac trucks, buses, etc.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Excellent benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics). Selecting an appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring the safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED and technical school training helpful.
- 3-5 years of heavy truck repair experience; fire equipment helpful.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- ASE/CDL preferred, but not required..
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must be able to pass FMCSA DOT Drug Screen.
- Must be able to pass DOT Physical.
- Must be able to pass EMP Check.
- Must be able to pass CRIM / DMV Checks.