1st Shift Warehouse Clerk
1st Shift Warehouse Clerk
A large client of ours is looking for 2 first shift Warehouse Clerks for their Elk Grove Village Plant. These will be working from 8AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday with the possibility for OT after shift’s and occasional Saturdays. They will be making $15p/hour and working on a 6 month contract to direct basis. See below for further details:
- Basic Purpose and Objective of the Position
This position has overall responsibility for receiving, picking and shipping parts as well as maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Major Responsibilities:
An employee in this position will perform tasks directly related to:
- Load, unload trucks, pick parts, store parts and work with Shipping Supervisor or Shipping Lead Person on other activities as needed. Handle paperwork for these items such as pick lists, inventory adjustments, shipping invoices and work orders.
- Issue and maintain raw material inventory
- Responsible for shipping all product and utilizing specific shipping systems/programs as appropriate
- Manage finished goods inventory including, stocking, cycle counting, order picking, order packing and working with freight companies.
- Able to move finished goods and various materials needed for operations.
- Use pallet jacks, carts, Fork Lift and other Lift Vehicles safely and effectively with appropriate training
- Maintain a neat work environment.
- Knowledge Required:
- High School education or equivalent experience.
- English – Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Documentation – Able to read and follow work instructions
- Computer Skills – With minimal training, must be able to read and enter information into a computer with a keyboard using companies shipping and receiving software systems
- Able to organize and monitor work
- Attentive to detail, follow through, time management. Proper balance of quantity and quality of work.
- Self-Motivated, Focused and Results Oriented.
- Self-determined and driven to achieve defined goals.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Nature of Position and business environment:
- Daily contacts with Production Supervisor, other warehouse and assembly personnel and other plant personnel involved in producing or assembling companies products.
- Fairly dynamic, as requirements grow and change with the addition of new products.
- Demanding, as customer requirements place a growing importance on quality conformance, response time and meeting deadlines.
- Challenging, as technical expertise in a wide variety of industries is essential for success.
- Clean with a mix of pallet jacks and some lift vehicles used to move store, pick and move stock to the proper locations.
- Organizational Relationships
- Reports to a Shipping Supervisor, Shipping Leader or Warehouse Leader.
- Works with other shipping clerks, various other production personnel
- Occasional interface with company management, engineering, purchasing and sales personnel