2nd Shift CNC ID/OR Grinder
A large client of ours in Elk Grove Village, IL is looking for a 2nd shift CNC ID/OD Grinder. These will be working from 2:15PM to 10:45PM, Monday through Friday with the possibility for OT after shift’s and occasional Saturdays. They will be making $26 – $29p/hour and working on a 6 month contract to direct basis. A few must haves/responsibilities are:
– 5 to 7 years of set up and operating surface grinders in high mix, low volume production environment.
- The work is job oriented, following detailed blueprints, customer specifications, internal work instructions, and engineering direction both written and verbal.
– Employees will set up, program and operate Studer ID/OD Grinders.
– Comfortable with holding tight tolerances within .0004″ to .0002″ is a huge plus.
– Geometric symbol knowledge is a must.
– Candidates must understand machines spindle speed, clearance for counter bore, dressing a grinding wheel, reamers and oversize.
– Worked with “earth materials” such as ceramic and “nealedium”. They run softer than steel and are far more delicate.
– Employee will also be required to inspect and document their work using precision measuring equipment and associated gauges and tooling.
– In addition, employees with this title will be tasked with preventative maintenance and housekeeping duties.
– Assist with special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
They are looking to interview and have someone start ASAP. They will be required to take a CNC Machining test that will go over geometric symbols, programming outlines and various mathematic and measuring test.
– Candidates must have experience working with CNC ID/OD Studer Grinding machines.
– Holding tight tollerences on “softer” earth materials.
– Programming, setting up and operating these grinding machines.