Trailer Technician III
TransTechs - Trailer Technician
Shift: Mon-Fri 6:00 am – 4:00 pm
Pay: $21.05 – $23.39 per hour, depending on experience
Trailer Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform in-depth diagnostics and repairs to brakes, suspension, air system, lighting system, suspension and all body panels etc.
- Tests, services, and repairs trailers and related mechanical components.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in a timely fashion.
- May require diagnosing complex mechanical, refrigerant, and electrical problems related to all Reefer systems (single & multi-temp), including engine, cooling, heating and onboard computer modules.
- Repairs and diagnostics on starting and charging system, complex cooling and re-charge, and electrical including common fault codes.
- Identify and obtain necessary replacement parts as needed to execute repairs.
- Proficient, in body repairs and panel repairs on trailers.
- Pull trailers in and out of shop using yard jockey before and after repairs.
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Change vehicle tires
- Grease mechanical parts
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high productivity level and complete jobs within or better than SRT times.
Trailer Technician Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of working on trailers required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Meritor/Bendix and tandem assembly certification preferred.
- DOT and Brake Certifications required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Advanced welding skills.
- Must provide own hand tools adequate to perform job functions.
- Must be consistently capable of independently analyzing and safely resolving mechanical problems