LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Buyer with aviation experience for an opportunity in Goodyear, AZ.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs purchasing and sourcing functions for maintenance and ground support equipment. Ensures timely and cost effective buys in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations. Manages purchase order database and tracks orders from input to receipt. Is the point of contact resolving any order conflicts. Provides training to employees on the use of Pentagon for purchasing.
- Performs purchasing duties for department as required.
- Procures and researches materials and services necessary to support customers and AerSale’s requirements, at optimum efficiency and pricing.
- Promotes the most effective use of company funds in the acquisition of assigned items at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, and specification requirements.
- Analyzes and evaluates quotes. Ensures approval limits are managed based on Customer Contracts and Internal spend limits.
- Select vendors, sources material, negotiate prices, terms, and method of shipment from approved vendors list.
- Researches price catalogs, illustrated parts catalog and manuals.
- Manages tracking and reporting of purchase orders. Performs follow-up actions and briefs management on status daily.
- Works with Quality Inspectors to resolve quantity and traceability issues.
- Process Materials on Requisition (MOR) on a daily basis from receipt in department through input of purchase orders.
- Identifies and corrects computer procedures as required.
- Performs back-up expeditor duties as required.
- Executes other work as directed by Materials Manager.
- Reconciles accounting and receiving discrepancies.
- Provides training on proper procedures/duties of the Purchasing Department.
- Expedite parts when required and handle any rejections by coordinating return shipments and obtaining return material authorizations (RMA#’s) when required.
- Assist in pricing for Accounting and Job costing/Billing Departments, to include purchases made when prices or terms do not agree with the purchase order.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintains a good company image and vendor relations through professional business conduct.
Qualifications and requirements
- Associates of Arts degree or two years equivalent procurement experience.
- Requires two years of purchasing experience in repair station or airline environment.
- Should possess the ability to negotiate terms, establish accounts and determine methods of shipment.
- Ability to network effectively and maintain good working relationship with all departments and employees.
- Proficient with current software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Typing speed of at least 35 WPM is required.
- Must have good organizational skills, be able to prioritize work, accurately perform duties with constant activity in area, and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be self-starter requiring a minimum of supervision and perform with a degree of accuracy in the execution of job assignments.
- Must be able to work under pressure, relate to others and maintain flexibility with schedules of the department.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.