Inspector, A&P IV – Airframe, 2nd Shift
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Inspector with corporate jet repair experience for an opportunity in Houston, Texas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Inspector, A&P Airframe, exhibits sound and accurate judgment. He/she also supports and explains the reasoning for their decisions and includes the appropriate people in his/her decision making process.
- An Inspector, A&P offers assistance and support to co-workers and actively strives to resolve conflicts when they arise.
- Performs conformity inspections.
- Understands Federal Aviation Regulations (14 CFR Part 43, 65, 91, 121, 125, 139 and 135)
- Able to properly complete FAA Form 337.
- Uses deductive reasoning in interpreting technical issues.
- Stays up-to-date on scope of required maintenance for customers and coordinates efforts to ensure a timely turnaround.
- Monitors their own personal hours charged to a job to ensure accuracy.
- Informs the appropriate people of problems and work status so that communications with the customer are timely and complete.
- Ensures a complete and proper pass-down is maintained.
- Coordinates with other departments as needed to assure that customers have a positive experience at the facility.
- Supports and adheres to all safety, environmental, and general housekeeping policies.
- Willing to be cross utilized as an Airframe Mechanic, as needed, when operational manpower commitments dictate.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate required.
- 5-7 years experience as A&P Mechanic required. (Honeywell TFE 731 series shop experience preferred)
- Must have the ability to think clearly, speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes, tools, computer keyboards, and telephones.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
- High School degree required or GED equivalent.
- NDT/NDI experience (ET,UT,MT,PT) preferred but not required.
- Must be available to work any shift (days, swings, night, weekends) if needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.