School Bus Technician II
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Mechanic to perform assigned vehicle maintenance related functions and facility maintenance to assist in maintaining school buses in safe, comfortable and like new operable condition in Hudson, OH.
Shift: M-F 1st or 2nd Shift
Pay: $23.00 depending on experience
Diesel Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties (e.g. vehicle washing, cleaning, fueling, oil changes, lubrication, light vehicle repair etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
- Arranges for and obtain appropriate inspections and approvals of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs conducted on the appropriate form upon completion of assignment.
- Advises Supervisor immediately of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices.
- Receive training and hands-on experience to learn to perform the tasks of the trade safely and efficiently and obtain certification as a Technician.
- Any other duties as assigned to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2+ years of related mechanic experience
- Equivalent of High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass DOT Physical.
- Must be able to pass FMCSA DOT Drug Screen.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass CRIM & DMV Checks.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply particularly with the following MOS: 91A, 91B, 91D, 91H, 91L, 91M, 91P, 91S, 91X, 91Z
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.