School Bus Technician
TransTechs - School Bus Mechanic
School Bus Mechanic
Pay: $24.53 – $26.25 per hour depending on experience
Shift: Tues – Sat 4PM-12AM or Overnight 11PM-7:30AM
School Bus Mechanic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.)
- Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on the appropriate form.
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
School Bus Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of two to four years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
- Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
- Previous fleet experience and familiarity with diesel and gasoline systems
- Possess the recommended minimum Hand tools for a Diesel Technician
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and a background check
- Must have a valid Driver’s License (CDL preferred)
- Must have steel toe boots
- ASE Certification desirable but not required