School Bus Technician
TransTechs - School Bus Mechanic
School Bus Mechanic
LAUNCH TransTechs is looking for a School Bus Mechanics in Indianapolis, IN to diagnose malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines.
Pay: $28 per hour
Shift: open for all shifts
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose extent of damage or malfunctions; discuss with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and work to be performed.
- Troubleshoot and repair fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services.
- Program and record assigned preventative maintenance tasks.
- Tear down, repair and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems and linkages.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling and electrical systems.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers’ performance specifications.
- Test drive vehicles, test components and systems using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, etc.
- Maintain parts inventory and budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of diesel maintenance/repair experience.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have steal toe boots.
- Msut have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.