Technician III Tractor & Technician II
Pay: $18.90 – $21.00 per hour, depending on expreience
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Mechanic in Indianapolis, IN to test, service, and repair tractors and related mechanical components.
Diesel Mechanic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Capable of diagnosing and repairing most transmission, engine, electrical, suspension, driveline, HVAC, brakes and air systems.
- Repair/Replace bolt on body parts such as hoods and cab extenders.
- Perform open seat inspections to prepare tractor for next driver.
- Perform 90-day lease operator inspections.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in a timely fashion.
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most SRT times.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Change vehicle tires
- Grease mechanical parts.
- Any other duties as assigned to support operations.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor experience required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must be able to move equipment in and out of the shop.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Must provide own steel toe boots.
Work Environment: this job operates in a normal professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and filing cabinets.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms. occasionally carry, lift overhead, high, low and medium-lift 51/75 lbs, frequently 50/21 lbs and constantly 20/1 lbs.