Diesel Technician II
TransTechs - Diesel Mechanic
Shift: 2nd and 3rd
Pay: $18.90 – $21 per hour, depending on experience
Diesel Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Capable of diagnosing and repairing most transmission, engine, electrical, suspension, driveline, HVAC, brakes and air systems.
- Repair/Replace bolt on body parts such as hoods and cab extenders.
- Perform DOT inspections as outlined in company guidelines.
- Perform open seat inspections to prepare tractor for next driver.
- Perform 90 day lease operator inspections.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Drive trucks in and out of shop before and after repairs.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Test, service, and repair tractors and related mechanical components
- Perform preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers.
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Change vehicle tires
- Grease mechanical parts.
Diesel Technician Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor experience required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Experience on International, Cummins, and Detroit a plus.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- CDL preferred, but not required.
- Must provide own hand tools that is adequate to perform job functions.