Diesel Technician II
Pay: $18.90 – $21 per hour, depending on experience
Diesel Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Capable of diagnosing and repairing most transmission, engine, electrical, suspension, driveline, HVAC, brakes and air systems.
- Repair/Replace bolt on body parts such as hoods and cab extenders.
- Perform DOT inspections as outlined in company guidelines.
- Perform open seat inspections to prepare tractor for next driver.
- Perform 90 day lease operator inspections.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Drive trucks in and out of shop before and after repairs.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Test, service, and repair tractors and related mechanical components
- Perform preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers.
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Change vehicle tires
- Grease mechanical parts.
Diesel Technician Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor experience required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Experience on International, Cummins, and Detroit a plus.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- CDL preferred, but not required.
- Must provide own hand tools that is adequate to perform job functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status