CNC Machine Operator
CNC Machine Operator
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking CNC Machine Operators for an opportunity in Kinston, NC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to make parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications; determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup; uses a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments; makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining; fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Produce parts or assemblies using Conventional or Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) mediums, while simultaneously ensuring product and/or process quality at all levels of the manufacturing operation through monitoring/verification methodologies.
- Concurrently perform related functions to provide complete hardware in accordance with engineering specifications (e.g., operating multiple machines simultaneously, deburr part surface, milling, drilling, boring, honing, grinding, fastening).
- Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
- Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation. On an exception basis, moves product to the next operation within a building.
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees of the same or lower classification level.6. Trains to become MVP qualified.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must be able to both setup and operate CNC Machines
- At least 8 years in the aircraft industry as a CNC Machine Operator
- Strong job history
- AFP experience will be highly considered
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.