Shift: 2nd or 3rd + weekends
Pay: $18 -$25 per hour
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform intermediate level repair and maintenance of company tractors, trailers, and equipment through proper diagnostics, troubleshooting, and use of hand tools, precision measuring instruments and machine tools with minimum assistance
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections as specified, using mechanics hand tools and variety of shop equipment, which may include refrigeration, hydraulic jacks or hoists, welding and air pressure equipment, and other equipment as necessary.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and perform mechanical repairs and adjustments: liftgate, PTO, emissions, air conditioning/heating, cab, instruments, brakes, frame, steering, suspension, tires, wheels, drive train, electrical system, engine system, trailer, refrigeration, cryogenic trailers and pumping equipment, live floor trailers, and other components which may need repair with minimal assistance.
- Complete work orders, charge parts, time cards, and other required documents using a computer, manuals, parts book, and maintenance codes.
- Wash equipment as needed.
- Drive service vehicle to pick up parts from outside vendors and respond to road calls, based on the operational needs per location.
- Drive vehicles within company property and drive on public roads as required.
- Attend all safety required meetings and perform all work as per OSHA, State and Federal guidelines.
- May assist in communication with outside vendors, customers, and management to ensure proper workflow, sourcing of outside parts/labor estimates, and status of units within the shop.
- Any other duties to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The equivalent of a High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ Years of related experience on a variety of tractor/trailer, medium/heavy equipment required.
- CNG Kenworth and Freightliner experience a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year DOT Inspections required and DOT brake certification.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Must have the ability to use and understand service manuals.
- Must be able and willing to take self-paced online training programs and certification tests from various manufacturers as required.
- Must possess a positive work attitude and be able to work closely with others to solve problems efficiently.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.