Production Manager – Machine Shop
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Procution Manager for an opportunity in Monroe, Washington.
The Production Manager is responsible for coordinating production activities to meet on-time delivery and quality for machined components. This includes a variety of activities, such as teambuilding, manpower management, employee training, and technical troubleshooting. In addition, this role will coordinate with multiple support resources including Production Control, Lean Coordinator, Machining Process Engineering, Quality, and Maintenance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficient management of operations of a multiple shift production facility
- Establish and meet goals for On-time Delivery, Utilization, Efficiency, and Scrap
- Act as a leader in terms of continuous improvement and change management
- Upkeep the communication boards regarding Manpower, Efficiency, Scrap, etc.
- Establish and ensure that robust processes and procedures are in place and being followed. Ensure compliance with Standards and Operation Procedures (S&OP)
- Ownership of area regarding safety, organization, cleanliness, and consumption of supplies
- Administer company safety procedures, ensuring compliance with required training and OSHA safety procedures
- Manpower Management
- Initiate Employment Requisitions (Addition or Replacement)
- Conduct interviews, correspond feedback to HR, if applicable submit offer details to HR
- Employee Reviews and Corrective Actions
- Manager Manpower chart
- Selection, training, and management of Leads
- Develop and maintain a strong team
- Communicate goals and info to your team via Toolbox meetings and weekly meetings
- Develop and maintain a cross training plan for stability, position vacancies and succession planning.
- Ensure the proper functioning of equipment and identify potential problems
- Active in Maintenance Activities
- PM’s conducted on-time at high quality
- Coordination with Maintenance Leaders to schedule machines for downtime repairs
- Ensure Daily Completion of Machine Downtime Log
- Ensure the product quality standards are met through inspections procedures..
- Approval of MRR dispositions
- SyteLine Time approval for payroll
- Oversight of SyteLine job collection transactions
- Communicate, implement and apply company policies and procedures
- Support the company business plan
- Work with Operations Manager to establish goals and track to metrics for successful achievement of established goals
- Participate in management of capital improvement projects including design, engineering, scheduling, purchasing, budgets and installation.
- Participate in development of operations-related plans, budgets, and policies and procedures.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 8 or more years Machining Experience, with focus on milling.
- Strong in CNC Controls, CNC Machinery, fixturing methods, & troubleshooting of machining processes.
- 3 or more years in a leadership role, with some formal Leadership Training.
- Solid understanding in GD&T, Corrective Action Processes, Engineering Drawings, Problem Solving Skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.