LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Assembly Technicians with aerospace mechanical and electrical experience for an opportunity in Canada.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, disassemble, install, test and troubleshoot mechanical assemblies and subassemblies on aircraft systems.
- Follow computer based and other specific processes and systems, including manufacturing planning, wiring diagrams, system schematics, process specifications, engineering sketches, and other forms of written and oral instructions. Follow specific tool control, FOD control and safety guidelines and policies.
- Prefer At least 2 – 3 years recent experience with sheet metal or composites on aircraft systems.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Prefer At least 2 – 3 years recent experience with aircraft mechanical assembly on aircraft systems.
- A & P License preferred.
Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Boeing procedures.
Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead.
Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement.
Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
Frequent overhead work may be required.
Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.