LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aerospace Technicians with aerospace production experience for an opportunity in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Perform advanced, specialized or prototype production operations of major space structures.
- In a product area, utilizing predetermined setups and operating methods, adjust and simultaneously operate a variety of numerically controlled and/or conventional technologies capable of performing of performing various functions
such as, but not limited to, forming, bonding, welding, machining, drilling, cutting, as well as automated and manual
- Perform all tasks involved in the preparation, set up, and operation of thermal processing tools and equipment. Work
with and interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders,
job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures. Complete routine
preventative work to maintain and ensure cleanliness of equipment. Detect faulty tools and equipment, and take corrective
action in accordance with shop practices and procedures. Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in machining/and/
or assembly process.
- Perform necessary drilling, riveting, assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required. Use
any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check
completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
- Within the cell, perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
- Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses, and permits as required for assigned work. Work with engineering,
planning, and other teams to originate and develop new procedures, techniques, and production aids to facilitate
equipment operations and to support the design and implementation of new products.
- This position requires the ability to obtain badging for NASA facility access.
- This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
- This position requires the individual to perform work in an operational complex while maintaining a safe manufacturing environment. Individuals are required to train, understand, and observe extensive safety and process controls to help protect persons and equipment.
- This position may support a 24/7 maintenance operation.
- This position requires the ability to perform manual labor inside or outside throughout the year in a variety of extreme weather conditions.
- The employee must meet medical requirement for work in geographic areas.
- The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Applicant will operate a forklift and mobile crane.
- The work shift and baseline which schedule may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements.
High school diploma or GED and typically 7 or more years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate will be required to pass a urinalysis and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights