LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Machinist for a 3rd shift opportunity in Parsons, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The CNC Machinist sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and computer numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and references points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Collects SPC data according to the control plan attached to the work order.
- Makes any adjustments necessary to maintain quality parts within control limits for SPC.
Qualifications and requirements:
Strong mechanical aptitude desired
Basic computer knowledge and skills
Ability to operate a forklift
Ability to operate an overhead crane and hoist
Ability to use measuring instruments including but not limited to calipers, height gage, scales, and micrometers
Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions
Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
- Math skills: decimals, percentages, fractions, ratios, proportions; geometry and trigonometry is a plus
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars
Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Fine hand motor skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Strong attention to detail
Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.