Mechanical Designer/MCAD Drafter with emphasis on aerospace electronics packaging. Activities will include mechanical conceptual layout, detailed design, and engineering documentation. Will interface with other engineering groups to insure design requirements are fulfilled. The position may involve direct interface with customers (internal and external) and suppliers in support of developing an understanding of the mechanical design constraints. The position will work with cross functional teams to resolve issues.
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- New product development from concept through production.
- Manages highly complex drafting and design of assembly drawings based on layouts, sketches and blueprints.
- May include utilization of computer aided design applications.
- Generate detailed solid models and engineering drawings.
- Processing documents through document change system.
Job Qualifications and Requirments:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 8 years mechanical design experience required. Related technical degree a plus.
- Minimum 8 years solid modeling experience. Siemens NX11 a plus.
- Experience with Siemens Teamcenter PLM Software.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T ASME Y14.5.
- A background working on avionics design related experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with DO-160 and DO-254 development guidelines a plus.
- Applicant should be highly motivated, with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Close attention to detail required.
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Good organization and planning skills required.
- Critical competencies: Customer Focus, Drive for results, Technical skills, Interpersonal savvy, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Effective Teamwork.