Ground Equipment Mechanic
Ground Support Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Ground Support Mechanic for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Shift: 6 am to 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with occasional overtime on weekends.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Light mechanical duties; maintaining and repairing baggage carts, cargo transporters, and aircraft tow bars.
- Utilize appropriate tooling, equipment and materials to accomplish maintenance functions including but not limited to the following: inspections, preventative maintenance, repairing, removing and replacing components on non-motorized equipment.
- Assembly and disassembly of different kinds of bag carts and transporters to make repairs to the damaged sections of the products.
- Maintenance and repair of aircraft tow bars is also included, as well as wheel and tire servicing using tire-changing equipment.
- Candidates should be able to use basic hand tools and other electrical equipment in order to make the repairs.
- Welding skills are desired, but not required.
- Experience with automotive tire mounting and balancing is also desired, but training can be provided.
- Basic knowledge and experience using computers is required, including the following computer programs: Outlook (email), work order and part ordering program, ability to use on-line manual system.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Work requires bending, reaching, squatting, and lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Reading, writing, and understanding basic English is required, in order to reference manuals and other technical documents.
- Must be able to pass FBI background check, in order to work in the airport secured area.
- Must have a basic tool set; standard and metric wrenches, sockets and ratchet, screw drivers, hammers, pliers, adjustable wrenches, etc.
- Basic personal protection equipment shall be worn at all times while working, which includes but is not limited to: safety vest, eye protection, hearing protection, gloves, bump cap, and safety shoes.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to correctly interpret assembly instructions, blue prints specifications and diagrams.
- Able to positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed components.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.