LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Machinist for an opportunity in San Diego, CA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test complete units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the machines tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerance.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Layout, measure and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Able to work to exacting tolerances and use machinist-s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Able to read and interpret complex blueprints and sketches.
- Possess extensive knowledge of wide variety of metals and machining characteristics
- Ability to follow written and oral directions and instructions.
- Ability to accurately interpret blueprints and/or work in-process documents.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to client safety procedures and regulations.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.