LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking NC Engineer for an opportunity in Savannah, GA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under minimal supervision, perform activities related to complex numerical control (NC) programming, including machining methods, tooling concepts, and programs for NC milling machines and lathes.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 4 years machining, planning, tool design, or related manufacturing experience to include 2 years of experience as numerical control engineer.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate (such as Catia V5, Smarteam, Word, Excel)
- Strong 5-axis programming background in CATIA V5.
- Master Cam knowledge preferred.
- Vericut Knowledge preferred.
- Under minimal supervision, perform activities related to complex numerical control (NC) programming, including machining methods, tooling concepts, and programs for NC milling machines and lathes.
- onduct a thorough analysis of engineering drawings, tool design drawings, and/or electronic models, to determine the optimal machining methods, selection of machine tool, and material cut size.
- Interact with planners, tool designers, engineering, and customers as required, to finalize plan.
- Develop cutter motion logic per operation sequence, selecting proper spindle speeds and feed rates.
- Perform a thorough check on all aspects of the program and verify cutter paths through the utilization of Vericut.
- Develop operator set-up sheets for numerical control machines.
- Develop flat pattern mylars and templates as required.
- Produce 2-D Catia tool drawings as required.
- May act as Team Leader as required, assigning work tasks, maintaining work load schedules, and setting priorities to ensure timely completion of department goals and corporate objectives. Assist in training and guiding lower level engineers as needed.
- Assist in formulating Numerical Control policies, procedures, and specifications as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.