LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Wood Finishers for an opportunity in Springfield, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Craft Worker, Wood Finisher is responsible for performing cabinetry finishing work on aircraft interiors under the direction of a Crew Chief.
- Accomplishes cabinetry finishing by utilizing blueprints, sketches, design drawings or design specifications.
- Assists in planning and performs a variety of finishing operations including sanding, spraying, staining, and buffing
- May assist with reassembling cabinet hardware when needed.
- Utilizes power tools and other equipment to accomplish cabinetry modifications, (i.e., dual pump gun, heated pump gun, cup gun, D.A. sander, finish sander, buffer, and U.V. equipment, etc.).
- Complies with all safety practices and participates in facility general housekeeping efforts.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company practices and procedures.
Qualifications and requirements:
Prior experience with hand and power tools is required.
Must have proven ability to learn difficult concepts and show initiative in learning a new trade.
Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions, speak and write clearly to communicate and document work performed.
Professional aviation wood finishing preferred, but not required.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to work any shift
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.