NDT Level II
Manufacturing Manager / NDT Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an NDT Level II for an opportunity in Sumner, WA
The primary function of this position is to establish and NDI department in Sumner, in conjunction with AIM Level III provider, and effectively manage NDI and testing resources to insure that customer quality and regulatory requirements are met for products tested at the Sumner and Renton facilities. This will include recruiting and direct supervision of department personnel.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Development of new NDI department in Sumner, WA location. Management of NDI and testing processes in support of customer requirements. Ensuring adequate resources are available to support engineering projects and production requirements in order to achieve NADCAP and Customer qualifications to process requirements.
- Participate in recommending appropriate equipment for purchase by AIM. Perform set up for specialized Nondestructive inspection (NDI) or measurement equipment and/or guide the development or improvement of Nondestructive inspection or test techniques. Inspect installations and proper functioning of equipment, parts and assemblies.
- Assist Level 3 in development and implementation of processes and procedures for new or revised NDI methods. Participate in development of program specific NDI documents. Obtain specifications from blueprints, research and experimental designs, engineering orders, etc. Complete required reports or record keeping as required by company ERP system or customer requirements. May recommend corrective action to prevent recurrence of work failing to meet required standards. Recheck when corrective measures are completed.
- Perform tests or inspections (manual, visual or with special equipment) and collect data. Provide feedback on adverse trends. Perform calibration of equipment as required. May aid, guide or assist designees in an advisory capacity in proper inspection methods and procedures and may check their work for accuracy and acceptability.
- Responsible for on the job training and guidance of trainees and Level I personnel.
- Support product quoting and bid process by providing data or estimates of compliance related activities.
- Support production readiness review and transfer of process development into production.
- Create and approve specification changes as required.
- Other duties as assigned. Some travel, <10% of total time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to, and be a proponent for change.
- Strong analytical and management skills, with ability and willingness to help set company policies.
- Experience managing a Cost Center or a Profit and Loss manufacturing organization of similar size and complexity with in-depth knowledge of learning curves, standard work hours, and productivity achievement.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure with limited time constraints.
- Basic computer skills (i.e. basic Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge and use of MRP/ERP systems desired.
- Proven Lean Manufacturing skills.
- Composite manufacturing experience strongly desired.
Specific Job Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
Education and/or Experience:
Technical Degree (2 yr. minimum) in related industry.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in NDI in a manufacturing environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.