Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Quality Assurance Manager for an opportunity in Wall, New Jersey.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Assurance Manager for the Repair Station (Part 145) shall be responsible for sustaining and improving an effective quality management system as measured by product quality, regulatory / system compliance and customer satisfaction. They will amend the Quality Manual and Procedures Manual to address industry, corporate, process improvement and regulatory requirements. The individual will be a key contributor and leader in conducting internal audits of varying complexity and scope on all Repair Station activities. They will represent the organization during regulatory, certification and customer audits. The Quality Assurance Manager will define and monitor, as applicable, employee training programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements including, but not limited to; the CAAC, DOT, EASA and FAA. Utilizing KPI’s provided by the operational unit, the individual will provide support to address internal, external and supply chain quality issues and improvement plans. The Quality
Assurance Manager will assist the operational unit in the corrective and preventive action (CPAR) and PDCA processes.
- Ensures the quality management system, inclusive of the FAA Quality Manual, Training Procedures Manual, Operational Quality Control and Procedures Manuals, is current, confirms operational compliance via audit / reporting, as appropriate, and initiates corrective and preventive actions
- Administers the Certifying Staff with respect to setting standards, review and granting or rescinding Authority to Release
- Develops and executes internal audit plan to schedule and provide information and metrics to focus operations on corrective and preventive action plans
- Performs follow-up on corrective actions
- Develops positive relationships and effective lines of communication with suppliers, regulators and international quality assurance colleagues
- Monitors and reports departmental and operational KPI’s as they relate to Quality Assurance
- In conjunction with the Site Manager, the OEM and the Director of Quality, submits Malfunction and Defect Reports (FAA Form 8010-4 (Service Difficulty Program)) to the FAA in accordance with FAR 145.221
- Guides the activities for the verification of all OEM recalls, provides external communications letters, if required, and ensures segregation of affected material whilst held on site
- Provides support for completion of CPAR’s and Root Cause Analysis of returned of damaged material
- Comply with and ensure that direct reports adhere to policies/procedures and regulations, i.e., handbook, training requirements, state and federal regulations, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Quality
Qualifications and requirements:
- Strong technical writing skills
Proficient knowledge of PC environment, including email and Microsoft applications
such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Strong record keeping and organizational skills
Knowledge of Lean / Continuous Improvement Practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering or related field is preferred
10 years’ experience in quality control with at least 5 years of those in an aviation parts repair / maintenance environment.
Certified / Accredited Auditor, preference for aerospace industry
Familiarity with 49 CFR and IATA Hazardous Materials Regulations a plus
Strong written and verbal communication skills essential for interaction with internal and external customers.
Must be able to stand, set, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Ability to travel as needed – domestically and internationally.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.