Medium Heavy Duty Diesel Technician
Experienced Diesel Mechanic
Shift: 2nd, M- F
Pay: $16 per hour
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose extent of damage or malfunctions; discuss with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and work to be performed.
- Troubleshoot and repair fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services.
- Program and record assigned preventative maintenance tasks.
- Tear down, repair and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering system, and linkages.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling and electrical systems.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers’ performance specifications.
- Test drive vehicles, test components and systems using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, etc.
- Maintain parts inventory and budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of diesel maintenance/repair experience.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.