LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Welder with resistance welding experience for an opportunity in El Cajon, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Welder performs combination of welding processes to fabricate or repair parts and assemblies to required tolerances and engineering drawings and specifications using welding metals and metal alloys.
- Performs welding of parts and/or assemblies subject to pressure such as hydraulic or aqueous lines, structural and/or stress assemblies.
- Recognize, set up and operate automatic and semi-automatic weld equipment, including mig, tig, plasma arc and resistance welding equipment.
- Set-up, fit-up, trimming, assembly, forming, position, align, clamp, bolt and tack-weld assemblies and subassemblies to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Prepares resistance welding schedules and machine set-ups.
- Monitor the fittng, burning and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion or expansion of material.
- Set-up operation to weld experimental, prototype and production assemblies and/or subassemblies
- Develop welding sequences, techniques and procedures.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease or other foreign matter.
- Repairs self-detected defects per engineering instruction.
- Performs self-inspection as a “certified inspector”.
- Performs daily maintenance and minor machine repairs on weld equipment if applicable.
- May perform functions to include receiving and movement of material, issuing stock, cycle counting, packaging, shipping and all computer system transactions to support product flow and data integrity.
- Trains other employees as required.
- Know and understand company and department policies and safety procedures.
- Report to work on time, follow instructions from supervisor or management, interact well co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned, requested or needed.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Degree/GED and two or more years vocational/trade school training or higher or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years previous welding experience preferred.
- Previous welding certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of machines, tools their designs, uses and possibly maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, engineering drawings and weld symbols.
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings and tool designs.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instruction and present information in verbal and written format.
- Ability to control equipment operation and systems.
- Ability to coordinate multiple movements and see details at close range.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?