LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Flight Instructor for an opportunity in Wilmington, OH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will provide oversite of Ground and Simulator Instructors working for ATS. The candidate will be responsible as a fully qualified ground and simulator instructor and provide instruction to internal and external customers. Additionally, the candidate will work with the air carrier affiliates flight operations teams to promote aircraft operating and training standardization across the full flight operations crew spectrum, including, classroom ground school, and computer-based training, while ensuring that safety of flight is the primary objective of all company operations.
- Conduct internal Part 142 required training, observations, quality assessments
- Assist the Manager of Flight Training to modernize, maintain and update the curriculum. Develops training material in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Captivate and any other provided software. Revise existing procedures and generate new processes to enhance safety, knowledge, and efficiencies
- Ensure compliance with all FAA regulations and record-keeping requirements
- Ensure that ground instructors are teaching in accordance with all regulatory requirements by periodically comparing said requirements with day-to-day activities and any audit inspection results
- Coordinate with the appropriate agencies/authorities (FAA) and personnel regarding all matters concerning the compliance of all training curriculum material, as requested
- Coordinate all resources necessary for the conduct of training, as well as communication with air carrier affiliates or any other customers before, during and after their training activity regarding the effectiveness of training material
- Responsible for Instructor qualification record keeping
- Assist Training Resources Coordinator with the scheduling client courses and resources utilizing only authorized and approved resources
- Creation, review, and analysis of required exam data base questions
- Responsible for student record keeping
- Tracking and approving of instructor time sheets
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Two years’ experience in part 121, 135 or 142 operations as an instructor or manager
- Ability to read, write, and fluently speak the English language
- Ability to obtain a B-757/767 type rating
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with Instrument and Multi-Engine
- B-757/767 type rating preferred
- Occasional work in adverse weather
- Stand, sit or work at a computer for long periods of time
- Climb stairs and ladders as needed
- Ability to stoop, bend, and crawl as required
- Wear PPE and hearing protection as required
- Occasional lifting of various weights up to 50 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?