LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Operations, Manager with MRO program management experience for an opportunity in Roswell, New Mexico.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Have a working knowledge of the company Inspection Procedures Manual (IPM) and Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Requirements.
- Maintains positive employee relations, promoting Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Consistently practices Company's management principles, policies, and programs.
- Provides strong leadership in customer relations and ensures customer satisfaction for maintenance-related matters.
- Executes programs for continuous improvement in safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, and cost control.
- The Operations Manager will review and discuss the following with VP/COO; Manpower requirements, Ground
- Acts as a FAA contact for matters regarding the facility as described in this position description.
- Control the maintenance production flow on the assigned project.
- Coordinate maintenance and schedule requirements with customers
- Ensures technical resources have the training and certifications to comply with Repair Station and customer requirements.
- Coordinates with business unit leaders and supporting departments to establish work priorities, workflows, and standards and resolves work-related issues.
- Meet daily with the Management team assigned to the program from each functional area to review the work scope and its requirements and the contract/budget restrictions where applicable.
- Meet daily with all appropriate parties for updating the Customer on the status of their program
- Coordinates the planned billable man-hours for the day and shifts with departments and local team.
- Identifies and coordinates the man-hours estimate required for opened non-routines.
- Rationalize man-hour estimates to the customer, gains approval, then executes to ensure on-time project completion
- Evaluates the percentage of total planned man-hours utilized compared to the percentage of completion of assigned work orders ensuring project is within budgetary/contract constrains.
- Ensure budget and delivery schedule is maintained.
- Delegate such duties assigned to specific personnel as necessary, however, such delegation does not relieve the overall responsibilities.
- Obtain customer approvals for man hours and parts as needed. Provide complete explanation and meticulous detail to justify the request for approval.
- Ensure the work area and bay in which their Aircraft project is located is kept to the highest standards of safety, compliant always, enforcing regulations and practices to avoid accidents.
- Ensure that good housekeeping practices are always enforced with an objective of securing an environment conducive to employee well-being.
- Scrutinize the proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts and panels appropriately stored.
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
- Review daily personnel performance and progress on aircraft to determine if any alteration to the plan and schedule is necessary and to ensure that tasks are completed within budgeted time.
Additional Job Functions:
- Introduce Customers to all the key players on the program but ensuring that the customers’ contact for schedules, budget issues, problems dealing with personnel or procedures and/or other concerns as the Operations Manager.
- Assisting in the bid/proposal process with Marketing and Contracts.
- The Operations Manager will communicate continually with the assigned department regarding the execution of the program and will be the interface them for problems concerning other functional areas, i.e., Material, Inspection, and Finance.
- The Operations Manager will hold periodic (daily or more often) meetings with all appropriate parties forupdating the Customer on the status of their program.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- SMS REQUIREMENTS
- Will provide top-level resources and support to SMS compliance, FAA regulations, safe workplace initiatives/practices, and to eliminate health hazards.
- Will consider all employee suggestions to propose solutions, and/or possible improvements for achieving a safer, healthier workplace.
- Will monitor, measure and track safety objectives to ensure performance standards are met and to implement continuous improvement measures.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to deadlines; excellent communication skills including ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow and administer verbal and written instruction; ability to prioritize and delegate multiple work projects; ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization; excellent presentation skills and ability to favorably represent the company; excellent leadership, two way communication, judgment, creativity, negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities; ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations; strong knowledge of humanbehavior and management techniques.
- Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of at least ten (10) years of maintenance experience with a minimum of five (5) years in Aviation
- Management or related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience required.
- Certificates/Licenses: Must hold a valid FAA Airframe or FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) License/certificate and a current valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Other: May be required to work at all locations - Marana, AZ, Tucson, AZ and Roswell, NM as business needs dictate.
- Note: This job description is intended to convey essential information about the position and its duties.
- It is not an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, or responsibilities. Ascent Aviation Services reserves the right to modify, supplement, or eliminate duties over time or based on business needs
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.