Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Supply Chain group has an immediate opening for a senior buyer position. The candidate of this position must be a highly motivated to support the supply chain efforts for multiple programs in a fast paced environment. Being a core part of the Supply Chain will require interfacing with various teams such as the program office, engineering, production control as well as customers and the supply base.
This position requires that the candidate be able to provide delivery assurance in subcontracting environment. The qualified candidate will ensure that the day to day supply management activities such as placing purchase orders and managing suppliers ensuring they execute on quality and on time delivery at cost to meet our financial goal. The buyer will attend program status meetings and production meetings as required. The candidate also must be able to manage the BOM of assembly level in SAP to ensure correct configuration components are being built at suppliers and received at the site. Travel to suppliers may be required.
A successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of four year experience of procurement by using ERP system (preferably SAP but can be other systems).
- Must have experience of expediting shipments and negotiating terms.
- He/she must have a strong drive to execute on time deliveries on all shipments.
- Time management skills and the ability to handle high volumes of work are required.
- This position will also require the skill to be detail oriented as subcontracting requires multiple steps in complicated process.
- Finally, the candidate must have great communication and presentation skills to status our internal and external customers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.